I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know … his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion ….
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
1 John 5:14-15 LB
And we are sure of this, that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we really know he is listening when we talk to him and make our requests, then we can be sure that he will answer us.
I am the LORD All-Powerful. So don't depend on your own power or strength, but on my Spirit.
Psalms 20:7 CEV
Some people trust the power of chariots or horses, but we trust you, LORD God.
Joshua 10:12-13 NIRV
On that day Joshua spoke to the LORD while the people of Israel were listening. He said, "Sun, stand still over Gibeon. Moon, stand still over the Valley of Aijalon." 13So the sun stood still. The moon stopped. They didn't move again until the nation won the battle over its enemies.
1. Describe the power God has made available to His children and His church. How should this influence how we live and how we pray?
2. What kind of prayer does God answer?
3. Rephrase Psalms 20:7 in 21st century terms.
4. What evidences have you seen of God’s power and answered prayer in bringing us to our new church home? Give Him thanks and praise for this.
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that we would live and pray like we believe what the Bible tells us about the power God has made available to us.
2. Pray that God’s power would be evident in our church and all we do.
3. Pray that God would do in, through and for us what cannot be explained by human means and resources, but only by His power, that Christ might receive all of the credit and praise.
4. What are some audacious, “sun stand still prayers” you believe God is ready to hear and answer on behalf of our church for His glory? Make a list and begin praying for these!