How can young people keep their lives pure? By obeying your command … I hide your Word my heart, so that I will not sin against you.
2 Timothy 2:21-22 NLT
If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work. Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
1 Peter 1:14-16 GW
Because you are children who obey God, don't live the kind of lives you once lived. Once you lived to satisfy your desires because you didn't know any better. But because the God who called you is holy you must be holy in every aspect of your life. Scripture says, "Be holy, because I am holy."
Hebrews 3:13-14 ERV
But encourage each other every day, while you still have something called "today." Help each other so that none of you will be fooled by sin and become too hard to change. We have the honor of sharing in all that Christ has if we continue until the end to have the sure faith we had in the beginning.
Psalms 51:1-2 NLT
Have mercy on me, O God, because of Your unfailing love. Because of Your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.
Psalms 139:23-24God, see what is in my heart. Know what is there. Put me to the test. Know what I'm thinking. See if there's anything in my life you don't like. Help me live in the way that is always right.
1. What is holiness? What is it not?
2. What is the necessary role of God’s Word in our lives if we desire to grow in holiness?
3. What does it mean to “Hide God’s Word in our hearts?” What are some practical ways we can do this?
4. What is the role of fellowship in growing in holiness?
5. What is the role of our confession and God’s forgiveness in our holiness?
6. What should be our motives for pursuing holiness?
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that we would be a holy people and reflect the holiness of our God.
2. Pray that each of us would pursue holiness by filling our hearts and minds with God’s Word and developing godly, encouraging relationships with others.
3. Take a moment now to allow God to search your heart for any unconfessed sin or wrong attitudes. Confess these to Him and ask His Spirit to fill you that you might walk in the victory that belongs to you in Christ.