Acts 2:41-42 NIRV
Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day. 42The believers studied what the apostles taught. They shared life together. They broke bread and ate together. And they prayed.
Matthew 16:24 NIV
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
2 Timothy 2:2 NIV
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.
Hebrews 10:24-25 NIV
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
• List everything you see in these verses that a person needs to do to grow as Christ’s disciple, and add anything that is missing.
• According to 2 Timothy 2:2, what does a faithful disciple do with what he has learned?
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that we would not settle for being saved, forgiven and given a place in heaven.
2. Pray that we each would desire to grow more and more like Christ in faith, devotion and character and take intentional steps to do this.
3. Pray for a more clear “discipleship path” to be developed and communicated to our church so that we can be more effective at growing mature disciples of Christ.
4. Pray that discipling relationships would happen spontaneously and that discipleship would be more than just a “church program.”