Philippians 2:3-5 NIV
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. 5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus …
Ephesians 4:16 NIV
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
Romans 12:4-8 NIV
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
• What responsibility and privilege is given to and expected from each person in the local church?
• What is the result when each part does its own work?
• What is the result when each part does not do its own work?
• Do you feel that you are doing your part – you own work - in and for your church. Explain.
1. Pray for yourself and our church – that every person would embrace the privilege of serving others in our church and would do so joyfully.
2. Pray that each ministry would have ample numbers of people to serve.
3. Pray about where God desires you to serve.
4. Pray for these ministries that are especially in need of people to step up and serve:
- Children’s Ministry (Teachers, Classroom Assistants, Nursery Workers).
- Student Ministry
- Hospitality Ministry (Ushers, Greeters, Parking).
- Security Team
- Audio/Visual Team
- Community Group Leaders/Hosts
- Properties Maintenance Team
- Prayer Ministry
- Communications Ministry (Those with experience in graphic design, video creation and editing, marketing, desktop publishing, able to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier & After Effects).
- Reel 2 Real (all areas, but especially set up crew)
- SNL (all areas, but especially meals team)